|Boy Scouts of America||
This - n - That
Chartered June 1, 1987
1. Gene Van Houten (1987)
2. James Vackoiz (1988)
3. Robert Garrigees (1989)
4. Henry Beld (1990 - 1996)
6. Doug Moore (August, 2008 - May, 2013)
7. Michael McVeigh (June, 2013 -
Letter from the church
Click for full-size
Troop is comprised of a number of Patrols of Scouts and one Patrol of
|The Black Bears|
|The Beach Chair Patrol
(Established May, 2004)
|All adults in uniform|
Article in the November/December, 2010 edition of the National
As an on-going service project,
Boy Scout Troop 270 performs clean-up maintenance
of a busy portion of Adams Street in Riverside
(on both sides of SR91)
View Troop 270 Street Cleanup map
Adams Street Cleanup - Volunteer Waiver Form
Required for all participants in the periodic Adams Street Cleanup
Please fill out the form and turn it in to Mr. McVeigh.
The "Name of Project" on the form is the Adams Street Cleanup.
Some interesting things that have been found in the street and parkways include:
Newsletter Submission from
that didn't fit into the February, 2005 edition:
Just in time for the new year, the Top 10 Adult Scouter Resolutions!
10. I resolve to not
District Dinner as "a night out on the town" with my
9. I resolve to stop wearing my Class A's to weddings this year.
8. I resolve to not wrap
packages using a decorative (yet impenetrable) variety of hitches
7. I resolve to take my family on a vacation OTHER than the Jamboree, Philmont, Northern Tier, or the Florida Sea Base.
6. I resolve to join
Anonymous--and begin a 12-step program to get myself patch free
5. I resolve to stop shouting "Sign's Up!" at business meetings.
4. I resolve to build a
car the old-fashioned way--without a lathe, wind-tunnel, or
computer controlled milling machine.
3. I resolve to stop using my camp cup unless I'm actually in camp.
2. I resolve to stop hanging out in the video game aisle at Target to recruit.
1. I resolve to stop going through the neighbor's trash looking for a "Cheer" box!
"Play is the beginning of knowledge."